School consulting for Brooklyn parents
We offer school consulting for families in Brooklyn Heights, DUMBO and beyond who consider preschool and elementary school in our neighborhood. We offer private sessions for families and public school talks covering:
- Local preschools
- Local public schools (zoned and non-zoned)
- Local Charter schools
- Local private schools
For a two-hour individual consultation we can meet in your home, office or a quiet coffee shop. Each consultation includes a digital copy of our preschool guide ($15 value), Charter school guide ($15 value) and private school guide ($15 value).
We will provide insight for:
- Local private preschool options
- Paid-for and free Pre-K options
- Insight into your zoned school and the District you are zoned for
- The difference between private, public and Charter schools
- Kindergarten & elementary school in zoned public schools
- Kindergarten & elementary school in un-zoned “choice” public schools
- Gifted & Talented programs in public schools
- How to rank schools in your public school application for Pre-K and Kindergarten
- Kindergarten & elementary school in local Charter schools
- Common Core results of local public and Charter schools
- Private school options
- Languages and Dual Language programs at local schools
- Application deadlines
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-592-8858 for pricing and to schedule a consultation.
In these info sessions for families considering Pre-K and Kindergarten in private, public and Charter schools in our neighborhood we cover everything you need to about local zoned schools, un-zoned schools, Charter and private school options, application details and deadlines, waitlists, free universal Pre-K options, languages and dual language programs and more.
Info sessions are 1.5 hours long and cost $35 per participant (including digital copies of our preschool and Charter school guide $30 value). Sign-up for our newsletter here to find out when the next talk will take place.
What parents are saying:
“Your presentation was so informative and interesting last night. I now have a few more schools on my list to tour.” Rachel A. – Brooklyn Heights parent
“I found the presentation to be extremely informative and helpful. Thank you for organizing it and these guides.” Greg M. – DUMBO, Brooklyn parent
“Your knowledge on Brooklyn schools is very impressive and you laid it out in an easy to follow format. It definitely provided clarity on a “mysterious” process. I’ll recommend your session to others in my building with young kids.” Agaja R. – Downtown Brooklyn parent
“It was a really good introduction to the application process, different options with regards to pre-k and kindergarten, and school overview. For me, one of the best parts was your insider take on each of the schools.” Saul L. – DUMBO parent
“The balance of Q&A and information you gave us was excellent and we covered so much in 2 hours. You did this in a relaxed setting – I was bracing myself for an intense environment of crazy Brooklyn parents and it was the total opposite. The session has had a direct impact on my choices for my son, so I’m very grateful for that.” Olly J. – Downtown Brooklyn parent
Sign-up for our newsletter here to find out when the next talk will take place.