You can now sign up for Spring sessions at SPARK in DUMBO, classes will run from April 4th to June 22nd. Sessions are taught by professional teaching artists, all classes take place at SPARK by Brooklyn Children’s Museum at 1 John Street. Children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Classes run for 11 weeks (no class during the week of April 10th) and cost $330 per child (10% discount for BCM Passport Members). Register online .
- Tuesday 9:30am Wild Waterfront (24 to 36 months): Brooklyn’s own waterfront offers endless ways to explore nature up close! We’ll get our hands a little dirty, have a close look at some of the plants and animals in our Brooklyn backyard, and create hands-on projects inspired by our outdoor adventures.
- Tuesday 10:45am Little Artists (24 to 36 months): Each week children and caregivers are introduced to a new artist, explore their technique and materials, and create their own masterworks in this one-hour class in Spark’s art studio.
- Wednesday 9:30am Storytime & Sensory Lounge (12 to 36 months): Children and caregivers explore their senses in this interactive class that includes song, storytelling, dramatic role play and a hands-on project with different materials to explore every week.
- Wednesday 10:45am Animal Yoga! (24 to 36 months): Slither, crawl, and stretch in this interactive class where kids and caregivers discover their animal bodies through creative movement and improvisation. Each week will highlight different animals and their unique attributes through yoga poses and creative movement.
- Thursday 10:30am Lavender Blues Music & Movement (12-36 months): Teaching musician Lavender Blues explores music, movement and rhythm with children ages 1-3 years in this engaging jam session. During this class kids develop an understanding of rhythm and music, build awareness and control of their body as well as develop social and coordination skills.
- Thursday 12pm Lavender Blues for Babies Only! (0-12 months): Teaching musician Lavender Blues explores music, movement and rhythm with SPARK’s youngest audiences, 0-12 months. During this class, babies develop an ear for rhythm and music, recognition of sound patterns, as well as develop social and coordination skills.