The city has published a Covid vaccine tracker of adults vaccinated by zip code to show and address the disparities and inequality issues by neighborhood to receive the vaccine. The map shows the percent of NYC adult residents partially and fully vaccinated. In our neighborhoods zip codes 11201 and 11215 show they highest vaccination rates so far. The city plans to go up to 500,000 doses implemented per week once the supply is there to reach the goal of 5 million residents vaccinated by June.
Vaccines given as of 2/16/21:
- Brooklyn: 5% of residents fully (1st dose received) and 3% partially (both doses received) vaccinated
- Zip code 11201 (Brooklyn Heights, DUMBO and Downtown Brooklyn): 8% of residents fully and 6% partially vaccinated
- Zip code 11205 (Bed Stuy, Fort Greene and Clinton Hill): 4% of residents fully and 2% partially vaccinated
- Zip code 11217 (Park Slope and Boerum Hill): 6% of residents fully and 5% partially vaccinated
- Zip code 11231 (Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill and Red Hook): 6% of residents fully and 4% partially vaccinated
- Zip code 11215 (Gowanus, Park Slope): 8% of residents fully and 6% partially vaccinated
- Zip code 11238 (Clinton Hill and Prospect Heights): 6% of residents fully and 5% partially vaccinated
The city is also working on turning Barclay’s Center in Downtown Brooklyn into a vaccination site for Brooklyn residents only.