Watch free movies under the stars this summer in Brooklyn Bridge Park, Prospect Park, Downtown Brooklyn, Red Hook, Fort Greene and on Governors Island.
Red Hook Flicks
Summer Movies on The Pier on Tuesdays, all films start at 8:30 pm or as soon as it’s dark enough). Find out more here.
- July 23: Honey, I shrunk the Kids (kid-friendly)
- July 30: The Terminator
- August 6: Real Genius
- August 13: The Dark Crystal
- August 20: Boys in the Hood
- August 27: Red Dawn
Brooklyn Bridge Park
On Thursdays this summer at the Harbor View Lawn, movies begin at sundown. Find out more here.
- July 25: It happened one night
- August 1: Crooklyn
- August 8: The Big Lebowski
- August 15: An American Tail
- August 22: Selma
- August 29: public vote tbd
Three consecutive Wednesday evenings starting July 17, with a rain date of August 1. Movie screening begins at dusk at Long Meadow. Find out more here.
- July 24: Love and Basketball
- July 31: Babe: Pig in the City (child-friendly)
Kidflix Film Festival in Downtown Brooklyn
Friday night film series with a Black Girl Magic theme at 300 Ashland Place in Downtown Brooklyn. Find out more here.
- August 2: Hidden Figures
- August 9: Sarafina!
- August 16: The Queen of Katwe
- August 23: Beasts of the Southern Wild
Cafe Habana in Fort Greene
Every Sunday at 8 pm. Find out more here.
- July 21: The Professional R
- July 28: He Got Game R
- August 4: Never Been Kissed PG
- August 11: Step Up PG
- August 18: The Super R
- August 25: Notorious R
- September 1: Jurrasic Park PG (kid-friendly)
Films start at 8.30 pm at the Parade Ground. Find out more here.
- July 19: After Hours
- August 9: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind