You can now apply online to Kindergarten through January 14, 2019. All children who live in NYC and were born in 2014 can submit an application for the 2019-2020 school year at local public schools. It is not a first come first serve process, just apply by January 14, 2019. Until then, you can change your application and resubmit it.
- Find out your zoned school.
- Find out your District.
- Attend open houses at your zoned school and un-zoned schools in your District
- Use the new Kindergarten application helper to work on your list of schools
- List up to 12 schools on your application, rank them the way you want your child to attend.
- You can list your zoned school, un-zoned schools in your District, Magnet schools and zoned schools that have taken out-of-zone students in the past. All schools are listed in the Kindergarten Directory of the Department of Education.
- Dual Language Programs whether in zoned or un-zoned schools have specific program codes you need to list as one (or more) of the 12 options. Those programs prioritize children who speak the target language at home.
- Kindergarten offer letters will be sent out in March 2019
If you want to find more about elementary school options in your neighborhood, the application process, wait lists, how to rank the schools etc, attend one of our upcoming school info sessions on 2/11/19 or book one of our one-on-one school consulting sessions.
Photo: PS 133