Latest news on the city’s reopening and planning for the next few weeks from the Mayor’s press briefings:
Private day camps will be allowed to use NYC parks, the administration wants camps generally to take place mainly outdoors with minimal indoor activities.
Playgrounds are open including the playgrounds in Brooklyn Bridge Park, most sprinklers and water elements on playgrounds and in parks are open too.
NYC beaches will open July 1st, life guards will be on site.
A new alternate side parking rule has been introduced: You only have to move your car once a week when alternate side parking is in effect. The latest day posted on the street sign (only the later day on the sign) will be the day you’ll have to move your car.
The City is adding 23 miles of open streets, bringing pedestrian streets up to 67 miles. Here are the new streets in our neighborhoods, which might also offer outdoor dining on the streets:
- Wycoff Street: Nevins Street to 3rd Avenue (Boerum Hill)
- Pacific Street: Smith Street to Nevins Street (Boerum Hill)
- Willoughby Street: Lawrence Street to Flatbush Ext. (Downtown Brooklyn)
- Montague Street: Hicks Street to Pierrepont Place (Brooklyn Heights)
- Commodore Barry Park: North Elliot Place from Park Avenue to Flushing Avenue