Our weekly overview of events and things-to-do for families in Brooklyn is out! It will be a slow week leading up to Labor Day but still … there is free ping pong, basketball, kayaking, arts workshops and a family movie Captain Underpants.
Ping Pong Happy Hour | Tuesday | Brooklyn Commons
DJs set the soundtrack on Tuesday evenings while you enjoy family-friendly ping pong games with The Push. Tuesday from 4.30 to 6.30 pm at Brooklyn Commons in Downtown Brooklyn. RSVP here.
Basketball clinics | Brooklyn Bridge Park | Tuesdays
Free Youth Basketball Clinics will be hosted on Tuesdays, May 31 through August 30; two age group ranges are offered for 7-12 and 13-17 year olds at the Pier 2 Courts. You can register your children one week in advance, starting Tuesdays at 10 am.
Family Movie Captain Underpants | DUMBO | Wednesday
Please join us as we turn our program room into a mini movie theater. Wednesday from 3 to 5 pm.
Live at The Archway | DUMBO | Thursdays
From June 16 to September 1, family-friendly, free concerts in the Archway under the Manhattan Bridge ranging from Afro-soul to salsa and Japanese pop. Thursdays from 6 to 8 pm.
Kayaking | Brooklyn Bridge Park | Wednesday, Thursday Saturday & Sunday
With the Conservancy’s ever-popular kayaking program held in partnership with Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse, visitors can enjoy gliding across the East River on Wednesday and Thursday evenings as well as Saturdays starting in June through the end of September. New family kayaking on Sundays will also be offered. Advance registration is required for all, starting first weekend of June, make reservation today. Make a reservation here.
Library programming | Brooklyn Heights library | Monday to Thursday
- Mondays 4 – 5 pm: Teen Time
- Wednesdays 10.30 – 11 am: Toddler Time
- Wednesdays 3.30 – 4.30 pm: Teen Time. RSVP here.
- Thursdays 10.30 – 11.00 am: Babies & Books for 0 to 18 months. RSVP here.
- Thursday 4.30 – 6 pm: LGBTQ+ empowerment workshop
Library programming | DUMBO library | Monday to Friday
- Monday 4 – 5 pm:“Dino-Park, Not Jurassic Park”. In this DIY program, kids will paint and design their own flexi dinosaur figurine of their selection and create their very own Dino environment, we are calling it “Dino Park”. Designing it using nice acrylic color, you can choose a Dinosaur from the group below and color it.**Acrylic paint can permanently stain your shirt, bring an extra T-shirt*For kids & teens all ages
- Wednesdays from 10.30 to 11 am and 11.30 am to 12 pm: Toddler time for ages 18 months to 3 years. RSVP here.
- Thursdays from 3.30 to 5 pm: Teen Tech Time with video gaming. No RSVP required.
- Friday from 1.15 to 1.45 am and 2.15 am to 2.45 pm: Babies & books. RSVP here.