With a new interim children’s librarian on staff the Adams Street Library is bringing back a broad free kids programming including “babies and books” and a new story time at Jane’s Carousel in Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Toddlers and their caregivers can join every Monday morning for Toddler Time at either 10:30 or 11:30 for songs, rhymes and books to help develop early literacy skills.
- Babies and Books is every Tuesday afternoon at either 1:30 or 2:30, folks can choose what time works best for them by registering on the website! Babies and Books is a great time to learn new songs and lap bounces, meet other parents and caregivers, and enjoy a space dedicated to pre-walkers ages 0-17 months.
- Parents and kids will have fun with a Puppet Making and Feedback Session on Saturday October 14th. The New York Neo-Futurists will be at Adams Street to make bag puppets with kids and talk to parents about an idea they are looking to create with the library.
- For Pre-School and Kindergarten ages they offer a once-a-month Nature Storytime held at the Brooklyn Bridge Park Education Center.
- New series for ages 5-12 called Collection Connections: Book Adventures. Kids can join for a 4-week program (held every other week) as they explore unique objects from the Brooklyn Children’s Museum in our new Community Gallery located in the Children’s Room. Each week we will read aloud a book, look at artifacts and objects and do an activity.
- Adulting is HARD: A graphic novel book club for teends on Saturday, October 21 from 2 to 3 pm
- Join Adam’s Street Library staff at Jane’s Carosuel for Storytime’s in October and November! We will be singing songs, learning rhymes and reading books together. Storytime will take place before the carousel is open from 10:15-10:45AM on Thursday October 19 & 26 and November 2 & 9 for ages 0 – 5.