School’s (almost) out—time for some summer fun! Round up your young art lovers and celebrate the season at The Museum of Modern Art. Enjoy a morning of activities during MoMA Member Family Picnic on June 11, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., including art making, live music, and snacks, just for MoMA Explore members and their families.
Activities will take place outside in the Rockefeller Sculpture Garden and inside the exhibition Matisse: The Red Studio.
- Visit Matisse: The Red Studio. Discover how the artist represented his creative space, then draw or describe the spaces and colors that inspire you in our drop-in studio.
- Create a Sketchbook. Make it your own with nature- and architecture-inspired stamps and a rainbow of colors.
- Sketch in the Sculpture Garden. Grab your sketchbook and a pencil, and try some drawing prompts to spark your creativity.
- Architecture for Tomorrow. Make a model for a sustainable structure for the future using a mix of recycled materials and art-making supplies.
- Free admission on every visit, so you see what’s new in our ever-changing galleries and visit the Heyman Family Art Lab for hands-on family activities
- Member Evenings, when the Museum stays open late just for members. Perfect for date night or grabbing a drink with friends
- VIP discounts at MoMA Design Store
Main photo by Manuel Martagon and the 2nd photo of the garden by Noah Kalina