Brooklyn Bridge Park has published their outdoor programming schedule for the year – highlights for families will be the return of the Transit Museum Bus Festival, kayaking, volleyball summer camps, Met Opera summer stage and various all age dance parties.
Ongoing recreational programming
- Kayaking from May 31 to September 30, Wednesdays and Thursdays 5 to 7 pm, Saturdays 10 am to 3 pm, Sundays 12 to 2.30 pm at Pier 2. Book a slot online
- Youth Basketball clinics from May 30 to July 25 Tuesdays 4 pm (7-12 years) and 5 pm (13 – 17 years old) at Pier 2 basketball courts. You need to register one week in advance at this link
- Youth volleyball clinics and summer camps at Pier 6, find out more here.
- Finishing clinics June 18, August 27, September 9 various times at Pier 5
- Kite Festival Saturday May 13 from 11 am to 3 pm at Pier 5
- BAM DanceAfrica Workshop for families learning the fundamentals of Ghanaian movement and music on Saturday May 27 from 11 am to 12 pm at Pier 6
- Brooklyn Bridge anniversary family walk on Saturday, May 27, RSVP here.
- Transit Museum Bus Festival on Saturday, June 10 from 10 am to 4 pm at the Emily Warren Roebling Plaza. Find out more here.
- Met Opera summer stage Friday, June 23 from 6 to 9 pm at Pier 1 Harbor View Lawn
- Hindu Lamp Ceremony on Saturday, August 12 from 3 to 7.30 pm at the Main Street Pebble Beach
- Big summer get down dance parties on Saturdays June 17 and August 19 from 6 to 10 pm at Pier 3 Plaza
- Waterfront Dance Socials on Saturdays July 15 and September 16 from 7 to 9 pm at Emily Warren Roebling Plaza
- Movies with a view in July and August at Pier 1 including Despicable Me and E.T.
Free waterfront workouts for grown ups
Free outdoor Waterfront Workouts are back in Brooklyn Bridge Park. Starting first week of May, grown-ups can join a range of weekly classes including Zumba (Mondays, 6:00 PM), Sunset Yoga (Tuesdays, 6:00 PM), Amp’d Bootcamp (Wednesdays, 6:00 PM), and new Core and Flexibility Training (Sundays, 10:00 AM).
- Zumba classes run on Mondays at 6 PM, May 1 through September 25 at the Pier 6 Plaza.
- Sunset yoga classes run on Tuesdays, May 2-September 26, 6 PM-7 PM at the Pier 3 Lawn.
- Amp’d with Chelsea Piers Fitness classes run weekly on Wednesdays, May 4-September 28 from 6 to 7 pm at the Pier 2 turf.
- New core and flexibility training class with Dodge YMCA to improve strength, tone, and flexibility. Classes run on Sundays, May 7-September 24, 10 to 11 AM at the Pier 6 Lawn.
Registration is required and is now open for all of May; future classes will open on a month-to month basis.